About Paradise Aquatics: "The Clear Difference"
Paradise Aquatics was formed in 2008 after owner Paul McQueen experienced lackluster service, questionable quality and uninspired designs in the swimming pool business here in Hampton Roads. Originally started as a service company, Paradise Aquatics quickly grew to a full-service operation, serving of Southeastern and Peninsula Virginia and the northeastern areas of North Carolina
Our long list of services includes:
- Custom Concrete Pools
- Vinyl Liner Pools
- Fiberglass Pools
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Cabanas and Pool Houses
- Fireplaces & Fire Pits
- Residential Fencing
- Retail Supplies And Accessories
- Residential Pool Service
- Commercial Pool Service
- Pool Covers
- Pool Opening
- Pool Closing
- Pool Renovations
- Warranty Repair Center for Jandy, Pentair & Hayward
From traditional backyard pools to upscale poolside settings, we can handle all aspects of construction, service, maintenance, repair and landscaping to keep your pool looking its best. We offer a wide range of custom gunite swimming pools, fiberglass swimming pools, and vinyl swimming pools designed for you and your lifestyle. Our trained technicians will take care of your pool quickly and efficiently every time. They can also repair all types of pool equipment; including timers, heaters, pumps, filters and more. From chemical service to repairs, we provide the best year-round care for your pool!
For more information about Paradise Aquatics, click any of the following links:
- Our Mission
- Our Founder, Mr. Paul McQueen
- 10 Reasons People Love Us
- Our Service Area
- Our Certifications and Memberships
- What homeowners say about Paradise Aquatics
- Paradise Aquatics "In the News"
With a relentless pursuit to excellence we will surpass our client’s expectations with our creative and unique abilities. We will always put our clients first and continue to build lasting relationships with each and every client, new and old, by offering premier services through professionalism, integrity, reliability and knowledge. We will cultivate the potential abilities of all of our employees by investing in their education, talents and future.
Our Founder, Mr. Paul McQueen
Paul McQueen, a native of Alabama, worked long hours on the farm as a kid and became a masonry as a teen. He went on to study agriculture in college until feeling lead to serve his country in the United States Marine Corps.
With the determination and discipline galvanized in the Marines, he returned to the private sector as a masonry superintendent and contractor for commercial and industrial projects all over the country including many here in the Hampton Roads Area.
In 2003, he and his wife, Kimberly – an active member of the United States Coast Guard – moved their family to Hampton Roads. While in the construction business here, Paul was amazed at the lack luster manner in which pools were constructed and the poor quality of the end product. He watched time after time the lack of creativity and quality of workmanship in the pool industry.
In 2008, Paul started Paradise Aquatics as a service-only based company, where he learned firsthand the various problems he and his clients were having. As his knowledge and reputation grew, he decided to start remodeling and renovating pools in addition to servicing them.
He soon realized there was certainly a need for a custom pool builder who was honest, reliable and competent. One who could offer complete turn-key solutions for everything from pools, pool houses, landscaping, fencing, decks, stamped concrete, outdoor fire places to full on outdoor kitchens, tiki bars, to whatever situation each client may need or desire. In 2009 Paradise Aquatics building division was launched.
Every Paradise Aquatics project begins with a personal consultation with you and Paul himself. This meeting is in your home or at the site of the project. Paul personally oversees the concept, design and construction of every pool that bears the name Paradise Aquatics. He will discuss your needs, your desires, and your dreams.
To further meet the needs of his customers, Paul opened the first retail store in February 2013. Here his customers can get their water tested, with computerized results, and personal assistance from qualified staff. Future plans to open another retail store are underway.
Paul is an active member in his community and industry. He is involved in the Associated Pool and Spa Professionals, the Tidewater Builders Association, and National Plasters Council. As a strong man of faith, Paul is active in his church and with his kids’ sports.
Paradise Aquatics "In the News"
Owner Paul McQueen was interviewed on an episode of The Hamptons Road Show in 2015, showing how we can turn out our Backyard into a Tropical Oasis.
Paul McQueen on another episode of The Hamptons Road Show, talking about custom swimming pools and spas.
Paul McQueen on another episode of The Hamptons Road Show, talking about maintenance of custom swimming pools and spas.
Paul McQueen on yet another episode of The Hamptons Road Show, talking about building custom swimming pools and spas.
Paradise Aquatics owner featured in Bennetts Creek magazine.
10 Reasons You Should Love Paradise Aquatics
- We’re proud to be a veteran-owned business.
- We’re one of the few companies around that offers ALL pool types – inground concrete, Inground vinyl, inground fiberglass, above ground pools, and portable swim-spas.
- We're one of the few companies in the entire state to offers a 3-year warranty on Jandy equipment, Pentair equipment and Sta-Rite equipment.
- We are active members of APSP, the Tidewater Builders Association, and National Plasters Council. Our A+ Rating with the BBB suggests that we must be doing something right…
- We’re not what you might call a "cookie-cutter" pool builder. We offer completely custom designs that win awards, and will make your neighbors go "Wow!"
- We offer more than just swimming pool installations. We offer Complete Backyard Solutions.
- We're not some “new kid on the block.” We have extensive experience with complex masonry and construction work, including high-rise concrete construction.
- We're not a fly-by-night company, working out of the back of a pickup truck. We have our own dedicated retail store, loaded with hot tubs, pool accessories and much more. Stop by any time for a free water test, a free hot tub test, or just some free expert advice.
- While we want your water to be crystal blue, we want your pool to be environmentally "green." That's why we design all of our pools with energy-efficient plumbing and equipment, and as many low-maintenance and “self-maintaining” pool designs and features as possible.
- And finally, we believe in a "no pressure" sales philosophy. Our goal is not to "sell you something." Our goal is to help you make the best decision possible for you, whatever that may be.
Cities/Areas Served by Paradise Aquatics
We’re based in Chesapeake and Suffolk, Virginia, and service all of Southeastern and Peninsula Virginia, as well as the northeastern areas of North Carolina. This includes Newport News, Hampton, Portsmouth, Yorktown, Franklin, Williamsburg, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Virginia Beach, Moyock, Smithfield, Elizabeth City and more. Give us a call if your city is not listed, and we will tell you whether we serve your area.
Organizational Memberships and Certifications
Paradise Aquatics is proud to be associated with the following
APSP – “The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals”
The APSP is the world's largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” or NSPI in 2006.
More information at: The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
APSP Member Code of Ethics
All members of The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals agree to be dedicated to and to comply with the following ethical principles and policies:
- To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
- To hold all necessary federal, state and local licenses, registrations and permits.
- To hold legally required liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and bonding.
- To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
- To advertise products, services and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state and local advertising practices requirements.
- To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
- To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
- To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products or services.
- To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business Bureau or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
- To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
- To use the APSP name, logo and other intellectual property only when and as permitted by APSP, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in APSP.
- To file a complaint with APSP regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
- To cooperate fully with any APSP investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
- To encourage utilization of APSP educational offerings as a means of enhancing the professional skills and business integrity of APSP members and their employees.
Awards of Excellence
The APSP International Awards of Excellence honors APSP members whose pools, spas and water features represent some of the best designs in the industry.
The competition is open only to APSP member builders, designers, and service and retail firms. Many hundreds of entries are submitted each year, representing member firms from all over the world. More information at: International Awards of Excellence
BBB – “Better Business Bureau”
Paradise Aquatics is proud to say we are an accredited business by the Better Business Bureau. This means we have successfully completed the application process and have agreed to abide by ethical business standards. This means that we do what we say we are going to do, in a fair and ethical manner. There are certain values that the BBB looks for in an accredited business (from www.bbb.org):
- Build Trust
- Advertise Honestly
- Tell the Truth
- Be Transparent
- Honor Promises
- Be Responsive
- Safeguard Privacy
- Embody Integrity
You can read more here - http://www.bbb.org/norfolk/get-to-know-us/vision-mission-and-values/bbb-standards-for-trust/
CST® - Certified Service Technician®
A Certified Service Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Service Professional® training program. The three-level technical training program (TECH I, TECH II, and CSP) provides practical knowledge for technicians and service professionals, from structures and electrical systems, to hydraulics, pumps, and filters, to water chemistry and maintenance.
Afterwards, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CSP® certification. More information here.
HBA – “Home Builders Association”
The Home Builders Association is an organization representing all segments of the residential building industry. Its mission is to enhance its members’ ability to provide safe, affordable, quality housing to the citizens of the local communities. The Association does this by promoting positive public policy, providing industry information and education to the members and the public. They also provide support and training, encouraging ethical behavior and professional standards, and making membership in the Association an essential element of a successful residential building industry company. More information here.
Jandy Pro-Edge Builder
The Jandy “Pro-Edge” designation is reserved for a select few Jandy dealers who meet strict requirements for capability, reputation and customer satisfaction. Most Jandy equipment (pumps, filters, heaters, etc.) that is installed by an official Jandy Pro-Edge builder receives a three year warranty instead of the normal one-year warranty.
Jandy® pool and spa products are designed to let you spend time enjoying your pool and spa, rather than maintaining it. From their award-winning control systems and pool and spa heaters to waterfalls, automatic cleaners, and more, Jandy® products offer the convenience, performance and advanced technology you demand.
More information here.
NPC – National Plasters Council
The National Plasterers Council history goes back to the creation of the Plasterers Council under the auspices of the Southern California Chapter of the National Spa & Pool Institute. With the vision and work of Bruce Hughes, the Council was formed to “provide a voice and support for swimming pool plasterers.”
Other priorities include nationwide membership recruitment, new member benefits, and new educational opportunities including a pool surface applicator certification program. NPC has a very strong foundation and vision which will take the association to new levels now and in the future.
More information here.